I read this article in my "Baby Talk" magazine and thought it was so true.
Here's an incomplete list of the extraordinary, frustrating, and funny facts of your new life as a mom. I won't go through all of them, just picked out a few that I relate to! :)
3. You will lose tiny socks in the wash. (It's hard to ever find a matching pair!)
4. You will be able to shower, wash and dry your hair and get dressed in less than 10 minutes.
5. You will want to apologize to your friends who had kids before you for never really getting why they had less time for you. (Amen!)
6. You will fantasize about what you would swap for a good 8 hours of sleep. (ANYTHING!)
7. You will be so proud of every ounce your baby gains. (So true with a preemie!)
10. You and your husband have been waiting for that one night alone only to fall asleep.
15. You and your husband will go out for your first romantic dinner after the baby is born, only to sit and talk about him through your 5 course meal.
18. You will forget all about your difficult day with your baby once you see him finally sleeping peaceful.
22. You will pretend you don't smell your child's dirty diaper as you hand her to Dad. (Ha, I've done this one!)
27. You will wonder if you could possibly love another child as much as you love this one.
32. You will get peed, puked, or pooped on right as you walk out the door.
44. You will catch your husband being moved to tears by the baby, and fall deeper in love with him.
45. You will feel so lucky to have a child when you catch up with a friend who's been struggling to get pregnant.
49. You will be excited when your tot grows out of one size and into the next.
50. You will be sad to put away what he's grown out of. (Especially the outfits he never got to wear!)
56. You will struggle to stay close to some of your childless friends.
57. You will wonder how your stay-at-home-mom friends do it.
58. You wish you could be a stay-at-home-mom.
...And I wouldn't change it for 1 second. Being a mom is the most rewarding thing I've ever done in my whole life :)